Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I need people.

I am reminded too often that I am not the type of woman who should be "domestic." I'm better suited to be some never-use-my-kitchen, send-everything-to-the-cleaners, who-needs-a-car city dwellers with everything I could possibly need a phone call away.

Tonight's "YOU SUCK!!" reminder comes as the result of a hasty hotel stay last week when the power company decided our exploding transformer was not a big enough issue to warrant a visit within 24 hours.

Anyhow, we picked a local hotel with an indoor pool, gave the girly her first dip (which she loved), and then had to hightail it out of there the next morning to get to school and work on time.

I thought I got the car unloaded, I really did. Then tonight I'm packing the Boy's bag for his rec center field trip tomorrow, and I realize that I never saw the plastic bag that had our swim clothes in it. Hrm.

Wanna guess where I found it? Under the back seat of the car. Literally UNDER it. Damn stow-and-go seating.

So those clothes were tied up in that bag for ten days. TEN DAYS.

Stank city.

And this is why I need people. To keep up with this crap for me. Because I suck at it.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Ewww...I hate it when stuff like that happens. Did they come clean?

labugga said...

Why yes they did! Gotta love Gain!!

Anonymous said...

When I win the Powerball, I'm gonna hire us some people.

Mrs. Red said...

ICK!! We've SO been there, done that. LOL Glad everything came clean!