Sunday, June 15, 2008

How to spoil a mama...

You wouldn't think that a great night would begin with pleas of "Would you PLEASE go to sleep, child?" at 12:30 AM. Or that it would end after a mere 5 hours of completely disrupted sleep.

But when you're almost asleep, and you feel the pitty-patter of little hands and feet crawling blindly across the bed, and then feel those soft little fingers pat your face, discerning which big person she just found, hear that sweet, sleepy sigh, and your baby falls right to sleep in your arms like you're all she needed, after all? That's a great night.

As she gets bigger, I'm trying to relish those moments. I know too well how quickly it goes by. That I'm going to blink, and she'll be too big to snuggle up in my arms for a nap. That one day I won't be all she needs, or even wants for that matter.

It's sad to think about, but I guess I have to just make the most of it, and commit those little moments to memory, because I know I'm going to need them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're gonna make me cry!

Mrs. Red said...

*sniff* Oh how I wish I didn't know what you mean when you talk about these little moments being fleeting!

Steph said...

Aww! Those are the best moments!!