Friday, June 6, 2008

Beginnings and endings...

Ahhh, the beginning of summer.

Today was the last day of school, straight A's for my baby genius. Hard to believe he'll be in the third grade next year.

It was the last baseball game of the season, too--we beat an undefeated team, a team recognized as the best team in the district. It was the Boy's first year playing, and he finished up with a couple dozen RBI's and a batting average over .900. So very proud.

So now he begins what we call "Grandparent Camp." For the first time in his almost 8 years, his dad is actually planning on taking him for his two weeks. Then between his three sets of grandparents and us, he'll go to three Vacation Bible Schools, two amusement parks (at least, as Mama's a roller coaster junkie), a train ride through the prettiest parts of the state, and a vacation to a destination that is yet to be determined. He'll run and play and stay dirty, wet, or some combination of the two for the next three months.

I'll get visitation on weekends and start seriously paining for him somewhere around the end of July. I just remind myself that he's having more fun than he would in daycare, he's with his family, and he's creating memories that he will carry into his adulthood. He loves it, they love it, so I try to see the bright side.

Just a fair warning, so when I get mopey in a month or two, you know why.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Can I go with him?? I miss summer vacation. {{{HUGS}}} I am sure that LB will keep you on your toes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Boy's got a fun and busy summer ahead. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you though! Hang in there, mama! (((HUGS)))