Monday, September 22, 2008

Just out of curiosity...

I was perusing the local free paper this evening...the one that comes every Friday with junk ads and a write-up about the new local flower shop or whatever...surely someone gets these besides us lucky podunk residents, right?

Anyhow, there was an ad for a local baby beauty pageant. The contestants will be newborn to twelve years old. The attire will be fall attire. The makeup will be age appropriate.

What exactly is "age appropriate" makeup for girls under the age of twelve? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm gonna go with NONE, aside from maybe some Lipsmackers.

I don't get it.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Im going to agree with you on this one!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I get the podunky paper, too! And I'm with you on this one. Peanut sure as hell won't be wearing anything more than Lip Smackers before age 12. Then again, beauty pageants for kids skeeve me out anyways.

Mrs. Red said...

"What do you mean she looks like Tammy Faye Baker??????"

I must admit I've been known to let Adria wear a little bit here and there...but never to school or anything like that. I told her she's not allowed to wear make-up on a regular basis until she's responsible enough to remember to wash her face every night!

At the rate she's going...that won't be 'til she's 30.