Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dear faithful reader...

You know what? I had this giant post all lined out in an attempt to set the record straight.

It's not worth it.

You people exhaust me.

I have the people I love with me. Maybe that's why it bothers me a lot less than it seems to bother most of you.

I don't need to know both sides of the story, because I AM the story. One fourth of it, at least. The "hey what happened?" street runs both ways, because I can tell you that nobody, and I mean NOBODY who isn't with us asked either me or Molly what our side of the story was.

Shortest damn high horse I've ever seen.

Call me what you want. I know, at the end of the day, that I'm the kind of person who will order a glass mixing bowl for a girl she's not so sure even likes her just because she knows how much that girl loves to cook and bake.

I'm the kind of person who will drive five hours on her own birthday weekend to deliver baby love to a girl she's never met but who needs some sunshine.

I'm the kind of person who will haul her kids ten hours because her friend is going through a horrible time in her personal life and a weekend away might do her some good.

The fact that I was the kind of person who would pick on a young, brand new mother for being young and, well, brand new, that disgusts me.

The fact that I let this whole thing bother me so much even still, well, that disgusts me.

The fact is, at the end of the day, I'm a pretty decent person. And the fact that you're trying so hard to convince me and my friends that the opposite is true, well...find a freaking hobby already. You aren't sixteen anymore.

With that, this blog is done. If you're one of my dozen or more, you'll know where to find me. If you're not, if you do manage to find me again, it's pretty pathetic of you to look so hard for someone you think so little of. Move on, already.

I am.

Peace out.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I love you....seriously.

Thanks again for driving so very far to see me.

When was wondering if I was worth anything to anyone you and the rest of those lovely ladies made sure that I knew I was cared for and that I mattered.

You are one of a bunch of awesome ladies in my life. I'm so glad I have you all!

labugga said...

Love you too, sweets.

Anytime you need me. You've got the number.

Anonymous said...

You're a good friend, my friend. Whoever says otherwise can GFT.

labugga said...

And you, my dear. The world you've created is everything I wanted the first time around. And the second time around. Thank you for being my friend...MWAH!

Steph said...

I love you too! You and your hubby and sweet LB drove up for G's birthday when I REALLY needed people who'd "been through it with me" to be there!!! THANK YOU!!